Cable TV service will be changing for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
XFINITY On Campus:
Beginning in the Fall Semester 2016, XFINITY On Campus is a new service from Comcast that changes the way students watch TV by delivering live streaming TV directly to their computer and select mobile and video streaming devices such as Apple and Android.
Designed exclusively for students who live on‐campus, this service provides students with the ability to watch live-TV from a pre-selected channel line-up and view content on-demand. Each student will also be able to upgrade their streaming service through an exclusive portal designed for Temple University students.
XFINITY Cable TV:
For Q2Q service (traditional cable), if a student is having an issue, it may be your TV, the port or a Comcast service issue. Students may contact the Office of Telecommunication’s 4-HELP line (215-204-7722) so they can dispatch a tech to troubleshoot the issue. Office hours for the Office of Telecommunications are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Your TV must have a coax connection and also have a QAM digital TV tuner.
- Many major brands of televisions manufactured after 2006 meet this requirement but not all. If there is a (.) Or (-) on the remote control’s numeric keypad, it’s likely it has a QAM tuner. See below for typical manufacturers.
- Using a coaxial cable, connect the Cable TV wall jack to the TV’s coaxial connector typically labelled "CABLE IN", or "ANTENNA", or "RF IN".
- Configure your TV INPUT or SOURCE selector to "CABLE IN", or "ANTENNA", or "RF IN". This option is usually accessed through “INPUT or “SOURCE” button on the TV or the remote control.
- When tuning directly to digital TV channels you must enter the channel number and ".1” or “-1". Example "50-1" or “50.1”.
- In order to use the channel up/down feature of your TV or remote control, you must set your TV to scan cable TV channels. Use the “AUTOPROGRAM” or “SCAN” function in your TV’s menu to do this. If prompted for “ANTENNA TYPE”, select cable. Depending on your TV, this scan may take up to 30 minutes. This feature is usually found using your TV's “SETUP” or “MENU” option. Consult your TV's user manual for specific instruction on how to do this.
- Dynex - Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- Element - Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- Insignia - Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- LG - Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Samsung - All models since 2009 have a QAM tuner (fifth digit of model number must be B or higher)
- Seiki - Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- Sony - Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Sylvania - Do not appear to have QAM tuners
- Toshiba - Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Visio - Recent models have a QAM tuner
- Westinghouse - Some models require QAM
Additional Resources regarding XFINITY ON-CAMPUS
XFINITY ON-CAMPUS DVR GUIDE
For Xfinity on Campus visit the support tab here: Xfinity Support.