Diversity and Inclusion
Residential Life promotes an environment for the exploration of differences in our residents’ identitites, values, beliefs, and backgrounds. We strive for members of our community to develop a conscious awareness of self and others within diverse populations through the acceptance and inclusion of differences.
Leadership and Inclusivity Vision:
To prepare students and staff to be effective leaders in an increasingly global and diverse society.
Social Change Impact:
- Your Costume, My Culture
- Red Lounge
- National Coming Out Week
- Black History Month Panel
- Baltimore - Closer Than You Think
- Facilitation 101
- Diversity 101 module
- So You Think You’re an Ally?
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Ally-ship
- Programs in a Box
- Keep it Real Game
- Safe Zone
- Dinner Dialogue Series
- Brown Water, Brown Skin
- Power & Privilege program
- Current Events - Student Activism on College Campuses
- Mental Health
- Religion & Spirituality
- The Youth Attic
By Attending, Participants will:
- Connect the experience to their role - deepen comprehension of diversity, challenge & support students, advocate for others.
- Take personal responsibility to learn more - read alternate perspectives, research issues, assess arguments based on facts.
- Self Reflection - critically think about own perspectives, allow for dissonance, manage own worldview and possible triggers.
- Continue the Conversation - participate in conversations and dialogues with others in varying stages of development, engage in unfamiliar/uncomfortable topics, gain confidence through participation.
- Engage with our community - take action, understand other’s perspectives connected to Social Justice, recognize individual impact on larger society