Living Learning Communities (LLCs) are residential communities of students and faculty who share a common interest. Each LLC is developed with a specific population in mind, and has dedicated professional and student staff members. Staff and Faculty work to develop an intentional co-curriculum based on the theme of each LLC, and work with student staff living on the floors to create an experiential community.
LLC Program Goals
- Develop partnerships with faculty and staff
- Dialogue with peers about academic and social issues outside the classroom
- Increase satisfaction with overall academic experience and persist at a higher rate
- Enhance students’ connection with Temple University and the city of Philadelphia
Why Join An LLC?
LLC Students have the benefit of living in a specialized community with increased ease of access to academic resources. As a result, our students excel academically and our students in first-year communities persist at higher rates than their peers. This increase in academic success is illustrated in the table below, comparing first-year student Grade Point Averages.
Coming to college for the first time is a fun and exciting experience, but it can also be daunting and stressful for many students. The LLC program provides staff and resources to help with this transition and create a welcoming community full of new friends and exciting opportunities. We want students to get acclimated to their new environment; get connected to other students, staff, and faculty; and get involved within the Temple campus and the Philadelphia community.
- Come back to campus early for the Early Arrival Program
- Explore Philadelphia and get connected to campus resources before classes start
- Transition into college life with the help of Peer Mentors and Resident Assistants
- Live and grow with a group of peers who share a common interest
- Meet students from other LLCs at All LLC events and programs
- Network with a built in community of upper class students, staff, and faculty
- Attend LLC exclusive programs focused on academic success
- Volunteer in the local community through service projects and events
- Take advantage of increased access to academic units, departments, programs, and student organizations
2017-2018 Living Learning Communities Program Roster
|Architecture & Environmental Design||Healthy Lifestyles||Performing & Cinematic Arts|
|College of Science & Technology||Honors||ROTC|
|Engineering||Innovate & Create||School of Sport, Tourism, & Hospitality Management|
|Fox School of Business||Klein College of Media and Communication||Sustainability|
|Global||Leadership & Service||Tyler School of Art|
|Major Exploration||Urban Owls|