Living Learning Communities (LLCs) are residential communities of students and faculty who share a common interest.
Each LLC is developed with a specific population in mind, and has dedicated professional and student staff members. Staff and Faculty work to develop an intentional co-curriculum based on the theme of each LLC, and work with student staff living on the floors to create an experiential community.
LLC Program Goals
- Develop partnerships with faculty and staff
- Dialogue with peers about academic and social issues outside the classroom
- Increase satisfaction with overall academic experience and persist at a higher rate
- Enhance students’ connection with Temple University and the city of Philadelphia
Before deciding to apply for a Living Learning Community, please make sure that you are willing to make a commitment to being an active participant as well as a commitment to the academic classes affiliated with the program.
How To Apply
- Pay the $250 Housing deposit, and allow at least one (1) business day for your deposit transaction to process.
- Go to MyHousing to start the application process.
- Select the Living Learning Community Application under MyForms.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email notification on whether or not you have been accepted into the LLC program.
- In order for your Living Learning Community application to be officially submitted, you must agree to all program requirements of the Living Learning Community.
- Regardless of when you submit your Living Learning Community application, housing assignments will be based on your housing deposit date.
- Following an approval, a representative from the Office of Assignments and Billing in University Housing & Residential Life will manually assign your space upon the space suggestions of Living Learning Community administrators.
- Roommate requests will be considered for students accepted into the program; otherwise you will be randomly assigned with another Living Learning Community applicant.
LLC Students have the benefit of living in a specialized community with increased ease of access to academic resources. As a result, our students excel academically and our students in first-year communities persist at higher rates than their peers.
Coming to college for the first time is a fun and exciting experience, but it can also be daunting and stressful for many students. The LLC program provides staff and resources to help with this transition and create a welcoming community full of new friends and exciting opportunities. We want students to get acclimated to their new environment; get connected to other students, staff, and faculty; and get involved within the Temple campus and the Philadelphia community.
- Come back to campus early for the Early Arrival Program
- Explore Philadelphia and get connected to campus resources before classes start
- Transition into college life with the help of Peer Mentors and Resident Assistants
- Live and grow with a group of peers who share a common interest
- Meet students from other LLCs at All LLC events and programs
- Network with a built in community of upper class students, staff, and faculty
- Attend LLC exclusive programs focused on academic success
- Volunteer in the local community through service projects and events
- Take advantage of increased access to academic units, departments, programs, and student organizations