The Sustainability LLC is an ideal format for developing new environmental leaders on campus. This community connects incoming first-year students with the sustainability movement on campus and enables them to continue to grow the culture of sustainability on campus. This culture shift is necessary to change the Temple community’s behaviors on campus related to waste minimization, energy conservation and sustainable transportation choices. The Sustainability LLC also provides a number of academic programs with co-curricular support, including Environmental Studies, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Environmental Design, Biology Architecture, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Engineering.
- Gain a broader understanding of sustainability, the sustainability initiatives and resources on campus and in the greater Philadelphia region
- Explore potential career tracks in sustainability by meeting with professionals in the field
- Develop leadership skills to utilize in the sustainability movement on campus
- Identify opportunities for greening personal behaviors through modeling of sustainability behaviors in the residence hall community
- Connect with the broader sustainability community in the City of Philadelphia through involvement in regional sustainability initiatives.
- Open to all majors.
- Participate in programs sponsored by the Office of Sustainability, such as Campus Sustainability Day Programming in October and Earth Day Programming in April and programs sponsored by the Green Council in the Residence Halls.
- Participate in the for-credit Freshmen Seminar focusing on Sustainability during the Fall semester.
- Take a General Education course emphasizing Sustainability or join a student group which focuses on sustainability.
In the event a housing assignment was booked in another accommodation, submitting the request for this LLC will allow University Housing and Residential Life to cancel any bookings made previously in order to assign you to this LLC.