The School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM) LLC is designed exclusively for first-year freshman students in one of the School’s undergraduate degree programs of BS in Sport & Recreation Management and BS in Tourism & Hospitality Management. The Community will provide unique connections that will cultivate a network of support within and among these students as they are exposed to the sport, recreation, tourism, and hospitality industries. Additionally, students will attend activities such as guest speaker events and field trips to industry partner locations.
1940 Residence Hall
4th Floor West
1. Demonstrate ability to align personal and organizational conduct with professional standards.
• Identify and understand relevance of professional standards and professional associations with the industry
• Analyze key concepts with regard to leadership.
• Demonstrate the importance of personal development through engagement in professional organizations.
• Demonstrate an understanding of networking and relationship building on personal and organizational management
2. Understand issues in Global Citizenship (diversity and inclusion and stewardship impacting individuals and organizations).
• Understand ethical issues through the awareness of industry ethical issues, professional organizations and codes of conduct.
• Compare and Contrast ethical issues within organizations, its employees and its communities at large.
• Identify and evaluate the impact of decisions regarding diversity & inclusion have on an organization, its employees, its consumers and the community at large.
• Demonstrate an understanding of stewardship.
3. Understand critical management concepts.
• Apply a core body of discipline-specific knowledge to management situations.
• Understanding our industries relationship within society.
- Open to first year students in Sport and Recreation Management and Tourism and Hospitality Management majors
- Register for STHM 1113: The Business of Leisure (first semester) and STHM 1211: Sport and Society or STHM 1311: The Business of Tourism and Hospitality (second semester)
In the event a housing assignment was booked in another accommodation, submitting the request for this LLC will allow University Housing and Residential Life to cancel any bookings made previously in order assign you to this LLC.