The Sustainability and Environmental Design LLC aids in engaging students interested in the disciplines involving the built environment in additional opportunities to enhance their studies. Students have access to a residence-hall-based studio space and support from other students and mentors in the Tyler School of Art.
1940 Residence Hall
- Students will understand how to undertake collaborative projects
- Students will engage in meaningful interactions with peers and staff across multiple disciplines as well as with the broader sustainability community in the City of Philadelphia through involvement in regional sustainability initiatives
- Students will build critical thinking and interdisciplinary skills through creative projects and enhanced learning opportunities
- Students will work with peer mentors and staff to develop opportunities for students to become leaders and innovators
- Students will explore potential career tracks in sustainability by meeting with professionals in the field
Open to first year students who are interested in the disciplines of architecture, landscape architecture, horticultural and community development, and sustainability and who are interested in engaging in activities that will enhance the community as well as interdisciplinary projects with the Tyler School of Art and Architecture LLC community.
Open to all majors.
Tyler School of Art and Architecture majors will take the one-credit FDPR 1501: Introduction to Art and Design. Non-Tyler majors, will take a General Education course either LAR 0852: Green vs. Gray or ARCH 1001: Introduction to Design and the Environment
In the event a housing assignment was booked in another accommodation, submitting the request for this LLC will allow University Housing and Residential Life to cancel any bookings made previously in order assign you to this LLC.