Thrive: Wellness Living Learning Community is a collaboration between the Wellness Resource Center and University Housing and Residential Life. It is an immersive experience designed to prepare first year students to thrive at Temple University. Specialized programming and a first year seminar provide students space to explore the role of holistic wellness in their ability to flourish in college. Students in Thrive: Wellness LLC will engage in enlightening conversations through the lens of the eight dimensions of wellness and social justice. Students who choose this community desire to place holistic wellness at the center of their college experience. Students will learn about mental well-being, stress management, how to cultivate joyful relationships, and much more. Activities and programming for the LLC may include visits into downtown Philadelphia, group dinners, yoga, game nights, and much more! Students in Thrive: Wellness Living Learning Community may use the experience as a pathway to leadership and social change. LLC students are encouraged to stay connected to the Wellness Resource Center by becoming a HEART Peer Educator who promotes well-being, cultivates community, and is a change agent on campus.
- Students will explore resources on Temple's campus and the surrounding community to become more knowledgeable about comprehensive health and wellbeing.
- Students will develop a personal holistic wellness philosophy that will support the individual academic and social experience.
- Students will have the opportunity to learn how to improve their personal wellness by participating in a variety of programs provided by the Wellness Resource Center and campus partners.
- Participate in Wellness Resource Center sponsored activities
- Enroll in the 1-credit University Seminar Course offered through The Thrive: Wellness LLC.
- Encouraged enrollment in SBS 2304 – Health Teaching Techniques for Peer Educators during the Spring semester.
In the event a housing assignment was booked in another accommodation, submitting the request for this LLC will allow University Housing and Residential Life to cancel any bookings made previously in order assign you to this LLC.