About this Residence Hall
What is Temple Sponsored Housing?
Given the limited availability of on-campus, traditional housing, University Housing and Residential Life may enter into agreements with properties adjacent to campus that offer many of the same amenities and features that are traditional on-campus residence halls offer. University Housing and Residential Life has partnered with the Edge Avenue North complex to offer additional beds for its on-campus population.
Front Desk Hours
- Weekdays: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
Heat and A/C are controlled by individual units. Important: Low temperatues can cause pipes to freeze and burst. Avoid this by keeping windows closed and the heat on low at all times during the winter months.
- Coin operated laundry facilities are located at the end of each hallway except for the first floor.
- Visa cards are accepted as a form of payment.
- Report laundry maintenance concerns by calling 800-927-9274. Provide the location (Edge Avenue North), floor, and the machine number.
MAIL DELIVERY/PICK UP
The length of time it takes for you to receive a package depends on the carrier. Some carriers, such as UPS, deliver to a central location on campus. Packages are then sorted and transported to individual halls within 2-3 business days. Other carriers, such as Amazon, deliver directly to each hall, reducing the length of time it takes for packages to arrive in-hall and be processed by front desk staff.
There is an anticipated 3% increase to the current housing rates for the 2018-2019 year.
The Edge Avenue North
1601 North 15th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19121
Edge Room Diagram
Gender Segregated by ApartmentTotal Units:
- Located 1 block from main campus
- Houses approximately 375 on-campus students on 3 floors.
- The Edge Avenue North complex provides 24/7 monitored security access and Resident Assistants on each on-campus floor.
- Residents live in 1 or 2 person bedrooms in a 1 or 2-person unit with a common bathroom and kitchenette.
- Includes ADA accessible units.
- Dedicated live-on staff throughout building including Resident Assistants (RA) on each floor and 2 master's-level professional Resident Directors (RDs)
- Single or double-bedrooms throughout the building
- Ground-floor lobby renovated Fall 2017 to include game room, study areas, social lounges, and community kitchen
- 3 Elevators
- Amazon lockers for package delivery and retrieval
- Common laundry rooms – $1.50 wash and $1.50 dry; machines are coin and Vias card operated
- Kitchenette in each unit – mini-sink, 2 electric burners, and one microwave
- Adjustable temperature control in each bedroom (includes air conditioning)
- Twin XL mattresses
- Bed heights are non-adjustable; 20 inches from the ground
- Dresser drawers below beds
- Closet dimensions: 33.5in width X 83in height X 21.5in depth
- Community Laundry Room
- Controlled Access
- No On-Site Facilities
Units May Feature
- Air Conditioning
- Cable Ready
- Two-Burner Stove Top