Do you have the coolest room on campus? And do you want to show it off to the Temple community through a professional photoshoot?
We are looking for the most creative and unique rooms on campus! Show off your inventive room organizing hacks and authentic style for a chance to win a college essentials prize pack worth over $200!
How to Participate:
Step 1: Submit Contest Entry - Monday, August 26 to Friday, September 6, 2019
- After you have decorated your room, take photos to showcase your unique style.
- Apply online: Contest Entry form is now open! Apply here. Application closes Friday, September 6 at 9:00 p.m.
- If your roommates/suitemates are participating, make sure you have their Temple email addresses - you'll need it for the entry form.
- Only one entry per unit (meaning multiple bedrooms within one apartment or suite cannot separately apply and roommates who share a bedroom cannot separately apply)
- Be sure to make a Google Drive folder with your Temple Email titled “Showcase Your Space 2018 Submission – First Name Last Name – Temple Email.” Use this folder and link to submit your photos. Ensure sharing settings allow for those with the link to view.
Step 2: Finalist Selection & Photo Session
We will select the finalist rooms to participate in a photo session the week of September 16th, 2019. If you are selected, we will contact you via your Temple email on September 11th, 2019 to schedule your session.
Step 3: Notification of Results
The winners will be contacted by their Temple email on Thursday, October 3, 2019.
College Essentials Prize Pack
The top 3 rooms will each win a storage bin filled to the brim with items useful items for any college living space; tide pods, Clorox wipes, lint roller, surge protector, highlighters, notebooks, and much more – this prize pack has everything you didn't know you needed for your on-campus space. Take a look here!
Judging Criteria & Tips
- We are looking for rooms that are true representation of how college students live (but keep it clean!)
- Make sure your room or suite is clean, beds are made, dirty dishes are gone, clutter picked up, laundry put away, etc.
- If you are in an apartment or suite, remember to clean your common areas (including bathroom) and if possible a little decor too!
- We'd love to see how you've creatively organized everything to make the most of your space.
- All styles and personalities are encouraged to apply!
- You may be immediately disqualified if any policy violations are evident so please be sure to review our policies and check with your RA.
- Click here to review our room decorating policy.