Temple University logo

Extended Housing

All graduate and undergraduate residence halls are open during vacation periods.  Students assigned to these residence halls, who formally request a housing occupancy extension by completing the Request for a Housing Occupancy Extension, may take advantage of this housing service.

HOW TO APPLY: Log into MyHousing via the TUportal and review the MyForms section.  Under the MyForms section, you'll see the link for Housing Extensions.

In the event you submit a request beyond the published deadline date, a $50 late fee will be assessed to your account.

In an effort to better assist residents, Resident Assistants will conduct floor meetings that will provide all of the information needed to prepare for the vacation / break periods. Residents are urged to take valuables with them during vacation and break periods because they will not have access to them during the time the residence halls are closed. In addition, prior to leaving for vacations, residents should unplug all electrical devices, remove all trash from the room, and lock all windows and doors (security screens and bars should remain in locking position).

Review the Housing Occupancy Extension Policies.

For more about each extension period, click on the following links: