About this Residence Hall
1940 Residence Hall has approximately 510 bed spaces in a 5 story, suite style building.
Located right on Liacouras Walk, 1940 traditionally houses freshmen and is also home to several Living Learning Communities: Sustainability, Engineering, Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Tyler School of Art, Architecture and Environmental Design, and Healthy Lifestyles.
1940 has Wi-Fi Internet, a game room, a TV lounge, study lounges, computer stations with printers, and conference room space in order to accommodate our residents. 1940’s front desk is open 8:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m., Monday - Friday and 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
There is an anticipated 3% increase to the current housing rates for the 2018-2019 year.
Gender Segregated by SuiteTotal Units:
Opened in the fall of 1999, 472 first and second year students call 1940 residence hall home. Residents live in two-person and four-person suites with private baths. Residents of “1940” enjoy game-rooms, a TV lounge, a multipurpose room for programming, and many study and social areas. In addition, 1940 hosts six living learning communities (LLCs) Architecture & Environmental Design, College of Engineering, Healthy Lifestyles, School of Sports, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Sustainability, and Tyler School of Art
- Community Laundry Room
- Entrance Monitored by Campus Safety
- No On-Site Facilities
Units May Feature
- Air Conditioning
- Cable/Satellite Ready
- Handicap Access Units Available
- Community Microwaves
- Community Refrigerator
Accessible Room Diagrams
- 4 person, 2 bedroom Suite - G11
- 2 person, 1 bedroom Suite - G28
- 4 person, 2 bedroom Suite - E211
- 4 person, 2 bedroom Suite - E313
- 2 person, 1 bedroom Suite - E320
- 4 person, 2 bedroom Suite - E413
- 2 person, 1 bedroom Suite - E420
- 4 person, 2 bedroom Suite - W111
- 2 person, 1 bedroom Suite - W228
- 2 person, 1 bedroom Suite - W328
- 2 person, 1 bedroom Suite - W428
- 4 person, 2 bedroom Suite - W511
- 2 person, 1 bedroom Suite - W528