University Housing & Residential Life is dedicated to the inclusion of students with a disability in all activities, programs and services offered by the university. In collaboration with the Office of Disability Resources and Services (DRS), a broad range of housing options have been reserved for eligible undergraduate, professional and graduate students. Student requests for these accommodations must be supported by medical documentation that relates the current impact of a student's disability and/or condition to the request being made. Requests for disability-related housing accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis and space availability.
Housing Selection Process For Students With Disabilities
- Submit a Housing Deposit
- Students requesting disability-related housing accommodations must submit an Accommodations for Students with Disabilities Request Form through MyForms on the MyHousing website accessible via the TUportal..
- Students must submit any supporting medical documentation to the Office of Disability Resources and Services for their review and approval. Returning students only need to re-submit paperwork in the event their condition has changed.
Recommendations for requests that include all required paperwork will be forwarded to the University Housing Office within three (3) weeks of receiving these documents.
Each year, students are required to reapply for University housing. Students with a documented disability are offered priority consideration if their condition continues to warrant housing accommodations.
Returning students requesting consideration for housing based on disability must have a completed Disability Housing Request Form by March 2, 2018.
New students should submit this information along with a copy of their medical documentation no later than May 4, 2018. Students can follow the guidelines for medical documentation outlined below on the DRS website at: Office of Disability Resources and Services.
Only students approved for housing by the Office of Disability Resources and Services will be eligible to participate in the Housing Selection Process. To confirm that you have been approved for these accommodations, contact DRS at (215) 204-1280.
The University Housing & Residential Life staff carefully selects room layouts from their inventory to accommodate students with a broad range of disabilities. Click on the link below to view room diagrams of space layouts on main campus.
Accommodation Spaces Available:
- Single and double wheelchair accessible rooms
- ADA compliant accessible bathrooms w/grab bars
- Roll-in showers with chair and/or bench
- Keyless entry door systems in designated rooms
- Rooms with kitchen facilities
- Rooms equipped with strobe light for hearing impaired
- Single rooms to accommodate personal care attendant services
- Emergency call buttons in designated areas
- Use of approved durable medical equipment