- Monday, December 3, 2018: Housing Application will open for all undergraduate students (new, returning, and transfer).
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019: Housing Selection will open for returning students.
- Saturday, April 20, 2019: Housing Selection will open for new and transfer students.
Note: Newly admitted undergraduate students can activate their Accessnet username by going to http://accounts.temple.edu. You must have your Accessnet username and your pin (sent via mail) available before accessing this MyHousing.
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions of the Housing License and Dining Services Agreement precedes the Online Housing Selection process and students enter into a legally binding contract for the full academic year upon securing housing. As soon as you book a room for yourself, you are immediately and automatically under contract with UHRL.
We highly suggest that students and their families read the Terms and Conditions to fully understand our expectations.
Three Stages of Housing Selection
Students must submit their housing deposit through the Next Steps Channel in the TUportal. Students must submit their housing deposit in order to begin the housing selection process.
- Housing Deposit Process starts on Monday, December 3, 2018.
- Returning students are encouraged to submit their deposit by February 1, 2019.
- New students are encouraged to submit their deposit by May 1, 2019.
Note: Admissions' deadline of May 1, 2019 is not the housing deposit deadline. Housing is not guaranteed for Freshman. Housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Submit the Housing Deposit Online:
New students complete the Tuition and Housing Deposit form on the Next Steps channel in TUportal. You will be prompted to pay tuition and housing deposits together.
Returning Students TBA
How to Submit the Housing Deposit via Mail:
Returning students only
- Vist MyHousing
- Download and print the 2019-2020 Housing Deposit Form
- Send or deliver it with a check or money order for $250, made payable to Temple University, to:
- Busar's Office
- Temple University
- 1803 North Broad Street
- Carnell Hall, Room 115
- Philadelphia, PA 19122
Twenty-four business hours after the Bursar's Office processes your housing deposit, you can log into MyHousing to book your own room through Online Housing Selection.
Note: Paying this deposit does not guarantee housing. Should you place a housing deposit and not live on-campus for the upcoming academic year, deposits will be credited towards the student's tuition account.
- Agree to the Housing License
- Confirm Emergency Contact information
- Submit Specialty Housing Requests for programs such as Living Learning Communities, Housing for Students with a Disability, Housing for Student Athletes, Gender Inclusive Housing, and Housing for Student Staff. If you want to apply for Specialty Housing, you must submit a request for approval for the accommodations.
- Complete Roommate Matching Questions and create Roommate Group ID
The Housing Application will open for all students on Monday, December 3, 2018. After your housing deposit is processed, you will have access to complete your housing application in MyHousing.
After completing your housing application, you will be able to select your housing and meal plan.
Select housing when the Online Housing Selection opens for Returning Students on Tuesday, February 5, 2019.
Select housing when the Online Housing Selection opens for New Freshman and Transfer Students on Saturday, April 20, 2019.
6 Steps to Booking Your Assignment
- Booking Terms: Select the fall 2019 and spring 2020 terms to book your assignment and meal plan.
- Roommates: To add a roommate to your booking, you need to have their roommate PIN and meal plan choice.
- Search for available rooms. For information about each hall CLICK HERE
- Lock your room choice while you make your final decision. The lock only lasts 10 minutes.
- Select your meal plan.
- Review summary and finish: You can review your housing and meal plan selections and print out your summary page.