Need to stay on campus during a break period? On-campus residents have the option of requesting to stay in their housing assignment during the following break periods:
- Fall Break
- Winter Break ($300 fee)
- Spring Break
- Summer Break
All residence halls are open during all break periods.
Additionally, if you need some extra time at the end of each semester to leave campus or move out, you can submit and End-of-Fall or End-of-Spring Extension Request and stay in your room for an extra night at no additional cost.
How to Request Break Housing or Request an Extension
- Log into MyHousing via the TUportal.
- Click the Academic Year Housing link at the top navigation bar and select the current academic year housing application.
- Select Break Housing & Extensions from the Quick Links menu.
- Select the request option you are interested in.
- Complete the request.
NOTE: In the event you submit a request beyond the published deadline date, a $50 late fee will be assessed to your account.
Some Tips re: All Break Periods
- Take valuables home with you.
- Unplug all electrical devices.
- Remove all trash from the room.
- Close and lock all doors and windows.
- Reminder: you will not have access to your residence hall during any break priod unless you are approved for an extended stay.
For more about each extension period, view the side bar menu on this page.
Important Break Housing & Extension Policies
End-of-Spring Extensions are for any residents who need to stay an extra night after the official move-out day in May due to University reasons or due to travel arrangements.
University reasons may include:
- Students with an academic commitment that requires them to remain on campus
- Student with athletic commitments
- Students with on-campus job responsibilities
In these cases, a University administrator must grant permission on behalf of the student and supply the Housing office with documentation.
The University's residential guest policy is in effect during all break periods. Residence hall staff reserve the right to enforce the guest policy as needed.
If an administrator needs to be contacted in the event of an emergency, please refer to the Residential Life Duty Schedule. Emergency staff will be on-call 24/7 throughout all break periods.
In case of an emergency, please contact the RA-on-Duty in your residence hall.
Residence hall staff will be permitted access during all break periods to assess residential living areas for University-related business, including conducting room checks. All persons entering the residential complexes, including University personnel, must use their ID card to gain access.