Undergraduate residences will close for Fall Break on Saturday, November 21, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. and will not reopen until the start of the Spring 2021 semster on Saturday, January 8, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Fall Break Extensions will be granted until Sunday, November 29, 2020 after which students must vacate housing.
Students must vacate University housing by 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 21, 2020 unless they have an approved housing occupancy extension. Students with late classes on Saturday, November 21, 2020 will be granted an extension.
The Esposito and Morgan Dining Centers will close at 4:30 p.m. on November 21, 2020. The last meal served prior to this break will be lunch on Saturday, November 21, 2020.
Mail will not be delivered over the break period, so mail may be delayed once we reopen from the break period.
Housing occupancy extensions for students living in the residence halls will be granted only for students who need temporary housing for University reasons or to assist with travel arrangements.
Students requesting a housing occupancy extension must submit a Housing Extension application online via MyHousing starting on Monday, October 19, 2020 and no later than Friday, November 6, 2020. Exceptions made after November 6, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. will be subject to a $50.00 late fee.
- Log into MyHousing via the TUportal.
- Click the Academic Year Housing link at the top navigation bar and select the current academic year housing application.
- Select Housing Extensions from the Housing Options menu.
- Select the Fall Break Extension option.
- Complete the application. You will receive a confirmation email to your Temple email address.
As you pack up for break, please take time to make sure to leave your room in good condition. Residential Life staff will be conducting walkthroughs of each room, and any Student Conduct Code violations will be addressed accordingly.
Here are some requirements of how your room should be left:
- Empty all of your trash
- Close and lock all windows
- Blinds/Curtains should be closed
- Lights are out
- ALL perishable items need to be removed or disposed of
- Any valuable items should be taken home
BEFORE YOU OFFICIALLY LEAVE, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU INFORM YOUR RA THAT YOU ARE LEAVING FOR BREAK.