Students can submit a request online via MyHousing starting on Tuesday, January 17, 2023 and no later than Friday, February 10, 2023. Exceptions made after February 10, 2023 will be subject to a $50.00 late fee.
- Log into MyHousing via the TUportal.
- Click the Academic Year Housing link at the top navigation bar and select the current academic year housing application.
- Select Break Housing & Extensions from the Quick Links menu.
- Select the Spring Break Housing option.
- Complete the request. You will receive a confirmation email to your Temple email address.
What is a Health and Safety Inspection?
The Health and Safety Inspection is a procedure Residence Life staff do once each semester. The inspection involves ensuring the safety of housing facilities, including all bedrooms. For Spring Break, we also ensure all windows are closed and trash has been removed.
You do not need to have anyone present in the space for the inspections to occur - if no one is home, a professional staff member accompanied by an RA will key into your space.
What Should I Expect?
- A 1/2 sheet inspection paper will be placed on your door. Please do not remove this.
- Inspections do not open drawers or cabinets. This check is to ensure each room is abiding by fire code, and is reasonable safe and clean to live in, and ready for Spring Break.
- Students with violations will be documented for any violation as detailed in the Undergraduate Rights, Responsibilities, and Resource Guide, linked below.
- Ensure there are no conduct violations in your space.
- Empty all trash and recycling.
- Close and lock your windows.
- Close your blinds.
- Turn off all lights.
- Throw out perishable items.
- Turn off alarm clocks.
- Take all your personal belongings that you may need over break.
- Lock your doors.