Spring Meal Plans will begin with dinner on Saturday, January 8, 2021.
In accordance with the Housing License, students are required to vacate residence halls on Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. Only students who are approved to remain in their assigned space during the winter break period will be approved to stay.
Winter Break Housing:
Winter Break Housing starts on Wednesday, December 15, 2021 and ends on Sunday, January 9, 2022. Students approved to stay for this period will be charged a $300 flat rate to their Fall bill at the time of approval.
IMPORTANT: If you need to have access to your residence hall at any time during the winter break period (which includes leaving later than Wednesday, December 15, 2021 or arriving earlier than Sunday, January 9, 2022) you will need to request winter break housing and you will be charged the full $300 flat rate fee. No exceptions.
To be eligible for Winter Break Housing, you must be assigned to housing in both fall 2021 and spring 2022. Remember: The cost for winter break housing will be charged to your fall bill.
To Request Winter Break Housing:
- Log into MyHousing via the TUportal.
- Click the Academic Year Housing link at the top navigation bar and select the current academic year housing application.
- Select Break Housing & Extensions from the Quick Links menu.
- Select the Winter Break Housing option.
- Complete the request. You will receive a confirmation email to your Temple email address.
Winter Break Housing Requests are due by Friday, November 12, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. A late fee of $50.00 will be assessed to your account if you submit your request after the due date or fail to submit a completed request.
If you wish to cancel your request please email email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 12, 2021 requesting we cancel your submission.
Winter Break Closing Checklists
Below are a list of tasks you and your roommate(s) are required to complete by Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. Failure to comply may result in a charge for improper checkout.
Please see your Resident Assistant or Resident Director if you have any questions. Remember to ensure there are no Code of Conduct violations present in your room!
1. Remove all perishable items from rooms and refrigerator
2. Empty all trash/recycle bins
3. Sweep and mop floors, vacuum carpets, and clean common areas such as bathrooms and kitchens
4. Unplug electronics (except refrigerator)
5. Close and lock all windows; lower and close all blinds
6. Set thermostat to low-heat (approximately 55 degrees)
7. If you have a vacancy in your room, ensure one set of furniture is completely empty and clean for a potential new roommate next semester. It is possible that the vacant space will be assigned over the break. Be sure to clean all shared spaces
8. All furniture that is property of Temple University must be in your room (desks, chairs, etc.)
9. All lights must be turned off
10. Close and lock all doors
- If you go home at any point during Winter Break, set your thermostat to low heat (approximately 55 degrees) and follow all 10 steps under "Going Home for Winter Break & Returning in Spring."
- If you have a vacancy in your room, ensure one set of furniture is completely empty and clean for a potential new roommate next semester. It is possible that the vacant space will be assigned over the break. Be sure to clean all shared spaces
1. Follow steps 1-10 listed above under "Going Home for Winter Break & Returning in Spring."
2. Completely move out of your Fall room assignment
3. Return all keys/access cards at the Front Desk.