Spring Meal Plans will begin with dinner on Sunday, January 17, 2021.
In accordance with the Housing License, students are required to vacate residence halls on Saturday, November 21, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. Only students who submit requests to remain in their assigned space during winter break period will be approved to stay.
Students have two options for Winter Break Housing:
Winter Break #1 starts on Sunday, November 29, 2020 and extends to Thursday, December 17, 2020. Students requesting this option will be charged $225 in the fall 2020 semester.
Winter Break #2 starts on Sunday, November 29, 2020 and extends to Sunday, January 17, 2021. Students requesting this option will be charged $600 ($225 + the regularly Winter Break Fee $375) in the fall 2020 semester
If you need to have access to your residence hall during the winter break period (which includes leaving later than Monday, November 30 or arriving earlier than Sunday, January 17, 2021) you will need to apply for winter break housing.
To be eligible for Winter Break housing, you must be assigned for housing in both fall 2020 and spring 2021. The cost for winter break housing will be charged to your fall 2020 bill.
- Log into MyHousing via the TUportal.
- Click the Academic Year Housing link at the top navigation bar and select the current academic year housing application.
- Select Housing Extensions from the Housing Options menu.
- Select the Winter Break Housing option.
- Complete the application. You will receive a confirmation email to your Temple email address.
Winter Break Housing Applications are due on Friday, November 13, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. A late fee of $50.00 will be assessed to your account if you submit your application after the due date or fail to apply.
If you wish to cancel your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 13, 2020 requesting we cancel your application.
Winter Break Closing Checklists
Below are a list of tasks you and your roommate(s) are required to complete by Saturday, November 21, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. Failure to comply may result in a charge for improper checkout.
Please see your Resident Assistant or Resident Director if you have any questions. Remember to ensure there are no code of conduct violations present in your room!
1. Remove all perishable items from rooms and refrigerator
2. Empty all trash/recycle bins
3. Sweep and mop floors, vacuum carpets, and clean common areas such as bathrooms and kitchens
4. Unplug electronics (except refrigerator)
5. Close and lock all windows; lower and close all blinds
6. Set thermostat to low-heat (approximately 55 degrees)
7. If you have a vacancy in your room ensure one set of furniture is completely empty for a new roommate next semester. If applicable, make room for a new roommate in areas such as bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms. Be sure to clean all shared spaces
8. All furniture that is property of Temple University must be in your room (desks, chairs, etc.)
9. All lights must be turned off
10. Close and lock all doors
11. All residents are expected to vacate the building according to whichever condition happens FIRST:
A) 24 hours after last final
B) Monday, November 30 at 10:00 p.m.
- If you go home for any part of break, set your thermostat to low heat (approximately 55 degrees) and follow all 11 steps under "Students Going Home for Break but Returning in Spring 2021."
- If you have a vacancy in your room ensure one set of furniture is completely empty for a new roommate next semester. If applicable, make room for a new roommate in areas such as bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms. Be sure to clean all shared spaces.
1. Follow steps 1-11 listed above in "Students Going Home for Break but Returning in Spring 2021.
2. Completely move out of your Fall 2020 room assignment
3. Return all keys/access cards at the Front Desk.