What items should I bring with me?
Temple housing does NOT include:
- Iron and ironing board
- Plates, cups, utensils, and cooking equipment
- Trashcans (items are available in common areas)
- Linen, pillows, & towels (linen packets are available at an additional cost)
- Shampoo, conditioner, and shower soap
- Alarm clocks
Is my room cleaned daily?
Your room is cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Temple does not have daily housekeeping services inside guest rooms. Items that must be discarded can be placed in trash bins or designated trash rooms located throughout the common areas within the building.
Can I have items shipped to me at the residence hall?
To discuss deliveries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to review delivery options for your summer 2020 event.
Is there a gym I can use?
Yes. Gym access and recreational services can be purchased for a daily or weekly fee. Individual guests can not purchase gym passes on site. Please have your event coordinator contact the Temple Conference Services team to pre-purchase gym passes.
Will I have access to a kitchen?
Suite and traditional style residence halls such as White Hall, Peabody Hall, etc. have a shared kitchen on the main floor. Apartment style residence halls such as Morgan Hall and Temple Towers are outfitted with kitchenettes in each apartment. Kitchenettes include stove tops, convection ovens, and refrigerators. Cups, plates, utensils, and cooking equipment are not provided.
Can I have guests?
Guest passes may be granted for your conference through written request from your event coordinator. Minors as guests (anyone under the age of 18) are not permitted to enter the residence halls without approval from the Conference Services department. Guest policy during the summer conference season differs from the guest policy during the academic year.
Is there internet access on-site?
Yes. Wireless access is available in all public areas within the residence hall. Wifi packages can be purchased by your event coordinator through the Conference Services department.
Do linens come with my rental?
Linens are not included in your room rental. Linen packages can be added to the group reservation or guests can bring their own. Linen packages include:
- 1 Pillow
- 1 Towel
- 1 Washcloth
- 2 Flat Sheets
- 1 Wool Blanket
- 1 Pillow Case
What size beds does Temple have?
The University has two standard-sized bed in its residence halls:
- STANDARD TWIN bed - 75" by 39"
- EXTRA-LONG bed - 80" by 39"
Bed sizes by buildings:
- Residents of 1300 Residence Hall 1st through 3rd floors and Beech International Village will have a STANDARD TWIN bed.
- Residents of 1300 Residence Hall 4th and 5th floors, 1940 Residence Hall, Morgan Hall, Johnson & Hardwick Halls, White Hall, or Temple Towers Apartments will have a EXTRA-LONG bed.
Rooms will have either the standard twin or extra-long beds.
Is there parking on campus?
Yes. Parking lots and garages are located on-site for a daily rate of $15.00 per day. Parking passes at a discounted group rate may be purchased through the Parking Services department located on the first floor of the Montgomery Garage, 1859 N. 11th Street Philadelphia, PA 19122. Parking Services can also be reached at 215-204-1488.
Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
Alcohol is not permitted within the residence halls. Temple University has bars and restuarants on campus that do serve alcohol, however guests showing clear signs of intoxication when entering the residence hall may not be permitted to enter the building and could be subject to bag checks.
How are roommates assigned?
The event coordinator for your conference provides the Conference Services staff with a list of roommate pairings prior to your arrival. Any changes need to be approved by the event coordinator and the Conference Services staff no later than 5 days prior to your arrival.
Does Temple have ADA accommodations within the residence halls?
The majority of our residence halls offer ADA accommodations. Conference Services will need to know in advance if this type of accommodation is a requirement for any of your guests. Below is a list of ADA accomodation styles that we offer throughout campus.
Accommodation Spaces Available:
- Single and double wheelchair accessible rooms
- ADA compliant accessible bathrooms w/grab bars
- Roll-in showers with chair and/or bench
- Keyless entry door systems in designated rooms
- Rooms with kitchen facilities
- Rooms equipped with strobe light for hearing impaired
- Single rooms to accommodate personal care attendant services
- Emergency call buttons in designated areas
- Use of approved durable medical equipment