Move In Schedule
- Residence halls officially open for Fall 2020 on Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. EST. A complete schedule will be released in early July 2020. Please check back for sepecific details.
Move In Tips
- Tips to Make Packing Easier
- QUIZ: Do You Know What is Allowed in Our Residence Halls?
- Moving from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia
- Our Guide to Navigating Campus
Immunizations are required for all full time Temple Students
This must be complete to check-in to your residence hall.
Students can upload their immunization records from their TU Online Student Health account by clicking on the "Uploads" icon.
The required vaccine is MPSV4= The brand name is Menomune or MCV4= The brand names are Menactra, Menveo or MenHibrix.
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
All newly enrolled or re-enrolled students born after 1956 are required to show proof of two vaccinations for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Positive Laborartory titer results are acceptable if proof of vaccination is not provided.
All newly enrolled or re-enrolled students should have recieved TDAP within 10 years or TDAP older than 10 years and Diptheria Tetanus (DT) within 10 years.
Varicella (Chicken Pox)
All newly enrolled or re-enrolled students are required to receive two doses of chicken pox vaccine. Positive Laboratory titer results are acceptable if proof of vaccination is not provided.
Overall Dimensions of the Microfridge
44.75"H x18.5"W x 19.5"D
How do I order?
Visit online at mymicrofridge.com or call 800-525-7307. Order recieved before August 10 will be delivered prior to the start of the academic year. Orders recieved after August 10 will be subject to an additional $40 late fee which must be included with payment. All late orders will be delivered after the start of the academic year.
I want to order but I do not know my roommate or room assignment.
Order now and you will be guaranteed a reserved unit. If we receive an order from both you and your roommate, we will automatically cancel one of the orders and issue you a full refund.
Orders cancelled prior to delivery will recieve a full refund. Orders cancelled during the first two weeks of the academic year are subject to a $40 charge. Orders cancelled after the first two weeks of the year are non-refundable.
For $19.99 per year, you can purchase insurance in the event your unit gets damaged. The cost of a replacement unit is in excess of $500.00.
MyMicrofridge: Refrigerator, Freezer, Microwave
- 2.13 cu. ft. fridge
- 2 full-width wire shelves
- 2 door racks with 2-liter bottle storage
- Temperature control
- Interior light
- 0.74 cu. ft. freezer
- Separate zero-degree frost-free freezer provides long-term frozen food storage
- Manual defrost
- 1 ice cube tray
- Full-width door shelf
- 800 watts provide superior cooking
- Electronic touch pad controls with LED display and clock
- 3 cooking levels - High, Medium, and Defrost
- Turntable system provides even cooking
- Removable 10 11/16" glass carousel
We strongly suggest you contact your roommate(s) before you arrive at Temple University. There are many things to discuss and coordinate, and living with a new person or group of people in a new place can present challenges. You and your roommates may become friends right away, or it may take some time. Getting a head start on that relationship can make things easier in late August.
The following are a few conversation starters that are helpful when you contact your new roommate(s):
- hometown, family life and friends
- favorite school activities
- intended major at Temple
- whether you’re a morning person or a night owl
- clean or cluttered
- music, movie and TV preferences
- willingness to loan things (such as computers, clothes, a car or money)
- feelings about overnight guests
- if you’re working during college
- what you’re like when you’re feeling down
- what amuses and annoys you
- how you like to relax
- what you’re like when you first meet people
Roommates will not agree on everything, and that is okay. Having a basic understanding of each other's needs helps build a foundation for a good year together. In fact, the university encourages residents to complete a roommate agreement within the first few days of moving on campus in an effort to establish a mutual consideration of roommate preferences. The Resident Assistants (RAs) on your hall may also help you and your roommates with the transition to university life. RAs are students who live with you in the residence halls at Temple and are trained to assist roommates with concerns or conflicts.
Despite all this preparation, keep in mind that sometimes room or roommate assignments change from your initial assignment through Move-in Weekend because of cancellations. Up-to-date assignments and roommate information is available on MyHousing. We encourage you to check the site throughout the summer for any changes.
Every student is provided their own:
- bed frame and mattress
- desk and chair
- closet or wardrobe
Other amenities include:
- All windows have shades, curtains or blinds.
- Student rooms are not carpeted.
- Traditional and suite-style residence hall units are not equipped with cooking facilities. These locations have common-area kitchenettes with sinks, countertop space and microwaves and/or stoves.
The University has two standard-sized bed in its residence halls:
- STANDARD TWIN bed - 75" by 39"
- EXTRA-LONG bed - 80" by 39"
Bed sizes by buildings:
- Residents of 1300 Residence Hall 1st through 3rd floors and Beech International Village will have a STANDARD TWIN bed.
- Residents of 1300 Residence Hall 4th and 5th floors , 1940 Residence Hall, Morgan Hall, Johnson & Hardwick Halls, White Hall, or Temple Towers Apartments will have a EXTRA-LONG bed.
Rooms will have either the standard twin or extra-long beds.
Single rooms are typically 8' x 10'.
Double Rooms and Suites
Double rooms or bedrooms in two- or four-person suites are between 10' x 12' and 12' x 14'.
Triple rooms are between 14' x 14' and 14' x 16'
Bedrooms in apartment units vary between 10' x 10' and 12' x 16'
Apartment Living Rooms
Living rooms and dining areas in apartment units average 11' x 22'
For additional details pertaining to check-in at Beech International Village, review the Beech Move-in Instuctions, Beech Move-in Packet and/or contact Beech International Village by phone at (215) 765-3134, via e-mail at email@example.com or online at http://www.beechinternationalvillage.com/.