Beginning in the Fall Semester 2016, XFINITY On Campus is a new service from Comcast that changes the way students watch TV by delivering live streaming TV directly to their computer and select mobile and video streaming devices such as Apple and Android. Designed exclusively for students who live on‐campus, this service provides students with the ability to watch live-TV from a pre-selected channel line-up and view content on-demand. Each student will also be able to upgrade their streaming service through an exclusive portal designed for Temple University students.
XFINITY Cable TV
The residence halls are equipped with digital HD cableTV powered by Comcast, providing over 100 channels. Cable TV Service will be activated upon move-in.
Students must provide their own coaxial cable cord; which can be obtained at any electronics store or on-line retailer.
Students will be required to re-proragm their channel line-up upon set-up of their TV. To learn how to program your TV for the channel line-up, search for the make and model of your TV on the internet to find the most recent version of instructions.
- Plug Co-Ax cable into co-ax wall jack
- Plug the Co-Ax cable used in step 1 into Co-Ax connection on TV set
- Turn TV Set On
- Place TV set into "TV" or "Display" as the source
- Program TV for the Channel Line Up or Channel Search
- To program your specific TV, please search the make and model of your TV on the Internet to find the most recent version of instructions.
- Configure your TV INPUT or SOURCE selector to "CABLE IN", or "ANTENNA", or "RF IN". This option is usually accessed through “INPUT or “SOURCE” button on the TV or the remote control.
- When tuning directly to digital TV channels you must enter the channel number and ".1” or “-1". Example "50-1" or “50.1”.
- In order to use the channel up/down feature of your TV or remote control, you must set your TV to scan cable TV channels. Use the “AUTOPROGRAM” or “SCAN” function in your TV’s menu to do this. If prompted for “ANTENNA TYPE”, select cable. Depending on your TV, this scan may take up to 30 minutes. This feature is usually found using your TV's “SETUP” or “MENU” option. Consult your TV's user manual for specific instruction on how to do this.
- Dynex - Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- Element - Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- Insignia - Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- LG - Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Samsung - All models since 2009 have a QAM tuner (fifth digit of model number must be B or higher)
- Seiki - Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- Sony - Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Sylvania - Do not appear to have QAM tuners
- Toshiba - Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Visio - Recent models have a QAM tuner
- Westinghouse - Some models require QAM
Your TV must be able to accept a coax cable input and be equipped with a QAM digital tuner. Most major brand flat screen TVs manufactured after 2006 come equipped with a QAM digital tuner. QAM is used to receive digital channels without use of a cable box. If your TV isn't supported, you may choose to purchase a set-top QAM Tuner, replace your TV, or elect to exclusively use XFINITY On Campus. Using a coaxial cable, connect the Cable TV wall jack to the TV’s coaxial connector typically labelled "CABLE IN", or "ANTENNA", or "RF IN".
Connecting Your TV To Comcast
TV Line-up for Fall 2017
Additional resources for Xfinity On-Campus
For Xfinity on Campus visit the support tab here: Xfinity Support.