Interested in requesting a room change during the academic year? The process is easy, and can be completed online via the MyHousing system.
Room Change Request Process at-a-glance:
- If you are an on-campus resident with a current housing assignment, you can log onto the MyHousing system via TUPortal, navigate to Academic Year Housing, and once you have selected the appropriate academic year application - from your Quick Links page - you can find the Room Change link.
- Follow the instructions on submitting a Room Change Request. The steps are simple: first you view a list of available bed spaces across campus, then if you see something you like, you can complete the Room Change Request Form.
- Note: Open bed spaces are subject to availability.
- Note: to complete a Room Change Request, you will be asked to indicate the reason for your request and a list of up to 3 preferred buildings. Also - if you have a specific bed space or preferred roommate in mind, there is space to indicate that as well!
- Once we receive your Room Change Request form, a member of the Housing team will review the request and approve or deny the request. Either way, you will receive a decision on your request to your TUmail account.
- If your Room Change Request is approved, you can log back into MyHousing and visit the Room Change Approval page via Quick Links to review details about how you can successfully complete your room change. Be sure to check out of your old space and into your new space by following all of the instructions given by your hall staff.
For the fall 2021 semester, the Room Change Request Process opens Monday, August 23, 2021 and closes Monday, November 15, 2021.
For the spring 2022 semester, the Room Change Request Process opens Monday, January 10, 2022 and closes Monday, April 11, 2022.