Temple University logo

Room Change Process

There are three room change periods during the academic year. The week prior to each room change, students can submit a Room Change Request by visitng the MyHousing site through the TUportal. During the week of Room Change, students will visit the building they are interested in considering for their room change.

Students are also required to meet with their building administrators, such as the Front Desk Manager, RA, and/or RD, to properly check-in and check-out of their spaces.

Dates For Room Change Process:

Fall 2017

  • Students can submit Room Change Requests between September 5 and September 14, 2017
  • Room Change meetings begin September 11, 2017

Mid-Semester, Fall 2017

  • Students can submit Room Change Requests between October 30, 2017 and November 10, 2017
  • Room Change meetings begin November 6, 2017

Spring 2018

  • Students can submit Room Change Requests between January 22 and February 2, 2018
  • Room Change Meetings begin January 29, 2018

Note: Room Change meetings are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis

Important Information About Changes In Housing


Every semester, a number of students assigned to rooms in the residence halls do not report to the halls. In anticipation of a certain number of these “no shows” and attrition, and in order to accommodate as many students as possible, it is University Housing & Residential Life’s practice to assign some students to floor lounges as temporary assignments.

A number of newly admitted students may be temporarily assigned (overbooked) in floor lounges in “1300”, “1940”, Johnson and Hardwick Halls on the Main Campus (four students per lounge).

Students who remain overbooked through the end of fall semester will be permitted to remain in their overbooked location for the remainder of the license period or request a room change.

Room Consolidation

University Housing has the exclusive right to consolidate resident rooms in order to maintain occupancy and accommodate additional students in University housing. In units where vacancies exist, a resident may be asked to relocate to a similar room within University housing.

Consolidation may occur within the same residence hall or between residence halls, but not between campuses or between a campus and Temple-sponsored housing sites. The Office of University Housing and Residential Life will incur the telecommunications connection costs assessed by the Office of Telecommunications when a student is required to consolidate in a Temple-owned residence hall.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.